Sunday, November 7, 2010

Never Say Diet

Ok, so I may have mentioned this before, but I hate the word diet. I go on a "diet" and I gain weight because all I can think of is food. So when my new trainer said he wanted me to go on a high protein lower carbohydrate diet for three weeks I agreed because he's my trainer, seems to know what he's talking about, and change is good for your body in the weight loss world.  And I have dreaded this ever since. I've been fighting the cravings for anything and everything that I can't eat for the next three weeks.  Then today I realized this is probably not the best attitude to go into this adventure with.  So I'm going in claiming Mark 9:23 where Jesus says  “Everything is possible for one who believes.”

Here is the eating plan for the next three weeks:
Breakfast: 2 packets of instant oatmeal. Plus I get to have my cup of coffee!!! But I had to promise to drink a cup of coffee with a little cream instead of my usual cup of cream with a little coffee.
Morning Snack: banana and a packet of tuna fish (probably with a little time in between since that doesn't sound like a good combo).
Lunch: chicken, fish, or turkey sandwich - wheat bread with mustard, lettuce, tomato and pickles only.
Afternoon snack: protein meal replacement powder in skim milk
Dinner: Chicken, fish or turkey - 6 to 8 oz with a vegetable
Late snack: tuna packet

So the average daily calorie intake is 1100-1200 calories. This will be interesting, but I'm gonna do it!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if I should try this "diet" as well. I've (so far) lost 67 lbs on WW, but I think my nutrition needs a kickstart, or RE-kickstart, to boost my metabolism. Please blog how this works for you! I'm so excited for you, Sarah. I love the changes you are making and I am just so darn proud of you! Can't wait to see you in December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 67lbs!!! That is so awesome!

    ReplyDelete