Sunday, November 14, 2010

One week in...

....and I'm ready for it to be finished already!!! Aparently, carbohydrates provide your body with energy. So when you cut down on the carbs it forces your body to dig down and provide it's own energy source - from the fat it has stored for that rainy day.  At least that's how I understand that it works.  So the first day wasn't too bad actually - I logged my food and the breakdown came back as 50% carbs and 40% protein and 10% fat.  So I texted my trainer because while I did indeed increase my protein intake as instructed, it was still a lot of carbs.  And sure enough my goal is 20% carbs.  So I cut out the banana and the milk. Which makes my total carbohydrate intake about 30%.  And the difference was instantaneous! I have much less energy. I think I actually worried my trainer on Friday because I got dizzy and wouldn't talk. I felt bad - I wasn't trying to be rude, honest. I may not be too thrilled with him, but I didn't really talk because I am so tired in the afternoons that I can't form coherent thoughts. So that's what made me switch my protein shake to my morning snack and make tuna my afternoon snack - so I can have solid food before I work out. 

And then I might have sort of over compensated by drinking 4 cups of coffee every day - which has made cafeine withdraws fun this weekend. So new goal for next week is one cup a day. Because I can't get let myself get dependent on the cafeine to provide energy.  So I'm reminding myself that this is going to make me lose pure body fat - because my body is having to dig deep and use the fat since there are no carbs for it to use.  And we'll truck on through the second week.  Third week will be fun, because I'm going off for one day for Thanksgiving - with the goal of not going crazy - so this high protein thing will last until the end of November. And then....we'll see what happens. But I know it's going to be good to have one cookie! And it'll be good to see the results of this.

1 comment:

  1. I do remember!! Isn't that when we also gave her the huge mug and said it was one cup and wouldn't kill her....even though the mug was so huge it was really two cups so she wasn't cutting back so much as secretly drinking just as much? And thanks!!

    ReplyDelete