Wednesday, December 8, 2010

One year results

So today was my one year anniversary for working with a trainer. The final results? 114.5 (yes, the .5 totally counts!) and a total of 69.25 (again, yes, the .25 totally counts!) inches are gone!!  So lately I've been worried about what my month results were going to be bad since I have a new trainer and new workout routines. So I didn't really think I had lost that much - turns out I lost 10.5 pounds and 10.5 inches this month. What are the odds of those being the same number? But anyway. All day I've been thinking of what I have learned this year and in no particular order here goes:

1.  You won't die from doing cardio, cycle class gets easier when you find the right seat height, and kickboxing class is my favorite class.

2.  Learning about nutrition and how it works within your body really does make it easier to eat healthy.

3. Treating yourself once in a while doesn't hurt.

4. There is no reason to beat yourself up for treating yourself once in a while.

5. Listening to music with a beat makes cardio sooooo much better.

6.  Make friends with a really good hair stylist! Not really weight loss related, but let's face it ladies, on a good hair day, who cares what you eat or if aren't a perfect size 2?

7.  It's ok for clothes to touch your skin! The big baggy clothes you think are hiding you from people judging you are really only making you look bigger than what you really are.

8.  Watch less tv. Or switch to dvds. Because you don't realize that every other commercial is a food commercial until you aren't eating fast food.

9.  Your tummy gets used to eating healthy. So while your brain may be screaming that it's craving fried food, your tummy will reject it.

10.  Being able to look at yourself in the mirror and like what you see is worth all the hours in the gym, the sore muscles, and eating plain boring healthy food.

So those are the top ten things I've learned. I've learned much more, but it's hard to put it all into one blog.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is great! I agree with your 10 things learned this year. Don't exercise like you do, but walking and getting up and MOVING is very important to any weightloss program.

    Very proud of you! We still have to get together!

    Love you! Hope to see you Christmas!
    Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete